The causes for a slow Data Connection speed can be varied and could be hard to diagnose.
Common causes include:
- -The web address you are trying to reach is experiencing high traffic. Check if your connection is slow for all websites or just one particular domain.
- - It could be a peak time where users are demanding intense bandwidth within your organization. This means you are reaching the maximum for your circuit and the only option is to upgrade or wait for a period where the usage isn't as high.
- - There may be a fault or problem with your client side router equipment. I would recommend that you restart your router.
- - If using a WiFi connection, you may be experiencing some interference or be too far away from your router. A good article on reducing WiFi interference can be found here.
- - Malware and Viruses could also be slowing down your connection or increasing the load on your network.
WiLine has prepared a simple article with 5 tips to troubleshoot Internet speed problems. Please have a read through it.
If none of the above seems to solve the problem, please give a call to 1-888-494-5463, we are here to help 24x7x365 and will be able to diagnose your problem or dispatch a field engineer if required.