WiLine Networks built and operates the fastest growing high speed Internet network in the Bay Area. We provide business customers with a value-driven alternative to the incumbent service providers.
Our private, Ethernet data network allows us to customize and scale transit (internet access) and transport (point-to-point) data services to meet the specific bandwidth requirements of our clients. WiLine's value-based pricing offers more services at less cost, and typically saves our customers 20%+% on their current telecom expense. This combination of technology, product, and pricing positions WiLine as the preferred alternative for businesses of any size.
The VP of Human Resources will be personally, or through subordinates, responsible for all strategies, policies and processes related to recruitment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services. A successful candidate will assist WiLine as we rapidly grow from 150 to nearly 500 employees in multiple states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Evaluate and improve upon the organization's current human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of WiLine's internal HR programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate Management’s strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Work with Management to forecast headcount requirements related to project needs and actively recruit candidates to fill vacant positions.
- Develop and implement staffing strategies and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility using appropriate and effective external sources and tools.
- Develop proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for employees.
- Identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps within the organization and develop corresponding training programs.
- Establish creditability throughout the organization with Management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Examples include programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development.
- Maintain knowledge of domestic HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department.
- Identify legal requirements and stays current on government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Advise management on employee relations issues.
- Oversee performance review program for effectiveness and equity.
- Administer salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity.
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet most of these criteria:
- Must be willing to travel cross country to our various offices.
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or 10 to 15 years related experience, or combination of education and experience.
- Senior HR certification desired
- Significant experience with health insurance plan design, and pricing required
- Strong communication skills and coaching ability with employees a must
- Familiarity with Incentive Options Plan administration.
- Knowledge of immigration law.
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Negotiation skills/experience critical for overall success and in vendor relation management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills a must. Ability to interface with diverse employee groups essential.
WiLine Employment Offers:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage
- Holiday and Vacation Programs